Stock for 30 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishlover07

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was thinking about getting:

A pair of clowns
A dragon wrasse
A spotted mandarin
Two cardinals
And three chromis

I was thinking about getting:

A pair of clowns
A dragon wrasse
A spotted mandarin
Two cardinals
And three chromis

That's ALOT of fish for a 30g. If you're dead set on that stock, id add very slowly and monitor parameters. Your bio load is going to be pretty big. And good job realizing about the dragon wrasse. They get pretty big. A spotted mandarin would be okay but they need a huge/constant population of cope pods. If not, it won't end pretty.

In my 29g tank I have a pair of clowns, green clown goby and a bicolor blenny just to give ya an idea.

Yeah, that's a very heavy load for a 30, especially if you have (or plan on) corals..... keeping nitrates down will be a nightmare.
I'd definitely stay away from the mandarin. The cardinals like schools, and they can get suprisingly large..... a little too big for a 30, IMO. I think a pair of clowns, a six-line wrasse, and maybe a goby or firefish would be a good stock for a tank that size.
I've got a 28, and I only have an ocellaris and a six-line in mine..... Might get a third down the road, but that would be the limit for me.

Last edited:
I've got a 28 and my stick is a royal gamma, two clowns, pistol shrimp and goby pair. The last and final which I still have yet to get is gonna be a cherub angel and that is pushing it. I have Good husbandry on the tank so I think I might be okay just have to watch parameters.

Might want to re think the dragon wrasse..theyre also known as rockmovers..for a very good reason... If u do,make sure you glue those rocks down GOOD!!;)

Back
Top Bottom