Stocking 36 bow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Austriaguy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
what i was hoping for...
2x ocellaris clownfish
1 blue spotted or yellow headed Jawfish
1 Bangaii cardinal
1 six line wrasse
1 gold assessor basslet

possibly a pygmy angel???? thinking possibly an African flame back.

My tank is 36 gallons, 25 pound or live rock, and a 20 gallon sump. I plan to put coral in, and an anemone.
Any opinions are appreciated. Thank you :fish1:

More live rock :). Otherwise your stock list is fine. I would lighten it up and forget the angel if u want to do any sps, but for lps/softies and a Nem that would be a nice tank
I would personally replace the jawfish with a shrimp/goby pair. Awesome bond imo

Thanks. I think I I will forget the angel. But for some reason I really like the jaw fish. I assume that I am maxed out for my tank?

Your about where you would want to be. You could add the angel but they are high waste fish. I've heard of jawfish pairing with pistols before so maybe its worth a try. Personally I think with your stock list you will have a nice community tank

Blue spotted jaw fish are cold water fish so they wouldn't do well with the other fish

My pajama cardinals are in a school of three. Not sure of the Bangaii Cardinals if they are the same way, happier in multiples. If you can go bigger with your tank, you should. I put up a 35 gal, three months later I was putting up a 125! Lol.
Isn't it exciting! I love my tanks so much. My husband would never agree, but if it was up to me, I would cancel my cable and just watch fish tanks!

Oh yeah, blue spotted jaw fish are the bee's knees! I don't have one because of the price! But if you have your heart set, go for it! :)

Blue spotted jaws live at about 73 degree water while the average reef tank is 78-80. The can be kept, but should be in a tank where all fish were QT'd to prevent Ich entering as the higher temp makes them more susceptible

Back
Top Bottom