Stocking 90 g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reeffanman

Aquarium Advice Freak
HOw much is too much? I want a pacific blue tang, yellow tang, flame angel, a small school of bengai cardinals, and chromises, 2 clownfish and a mandarin goby. Is this way too much or would I be ok with all that?

Unfortunately, the Blue Tang's minimum tank size is 125 gallons :(. Some will say the Yellow would be ok in a 90g, and others will say a 125g is best. Madarins need a large population of copepods to survive, so before you need to get one, you need lots of live rock, and you need to begin a pod population. This is best done with a refugium, but it can be done withought. Have with your tank! :)

I wouldn't put the blue tang, but everything else seems ok. The yellow tang is debatable, but I would say yes, it can go in the 90g. I also wouldn't do the mandarin since a lot die in captivity unfortunately :(

slitherbomb said:
I wouldn't put the blue tang, but everything else seems ok. The yellow tang is debatable, but I would say yes, it can go in the 90g. I also wouldn't do the mandarin since a lot die in captivity unfortunately :(

Well I already have the mandarin hes doing ok for 8 months now seems to be lots for him to eat

Even if your Mandarin is doing okay so far, you still want to supplement your tank with live copepods cause eventually they will become scarce and hard for them to find. You can get them online for super cheap. I supliment my tank with a package every 2 months or so and my Mandarin is as happy as can be. Copepods wont damage your system so putting them in wont cause a problem.

Back
Top Bottom