Stocking Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bromion

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm wondering what my livestock limits should be for my tank. I would like a combination of fish, mobile inverts, corals, and a clam. My tank is 58gal with about 60lb LR, a bed of LS, and a BakPak skimmer. My lighting is very intense and there is plenty of circulation.
Current stock:

1 small clownfish (ocellaris)
1 golden hogfish (about 1.5" long)
soon to add a slightly larger Ocellaris
A large growth of Xenia (I am pruning it)
A cauliflower (?) soft coral
Two mushroom corals (discosoma)
A mystery SPS coral (probably Pavona)
1 fire shrimp
hermit crabs, emerald crabs, snails, dusters

What else is reasonable to add? Can I pull off an anemone at some point? How about additional corals? I wouldn't mind another smallish fish, but I am not dying for one.

Thanks for advice!

You have room for more livestcok. Can you desribe your lighting system? Type of lamps and wattages f each? This will help in the recommendation of corals. If your tank is still new I suggest waiting a few months before trying to keep an anemone. You certainly have room for another one or two fish...look into the royal gramma, purple firefish, sixline wrasse or shrimp goby/pistol shrimp combo.

My lighting is one 400W 20k MH, which I run for 6 hours per day. I also have 2 24w 50/50s that I run for two hours before and after the MH.

That is a goo lighitng system. YOu should be able to keep to just about anything you wish. I would still wait on the anemone for a while if your tank is new. You might actualy see some photo-acclimation issues with some newly introduced corals due to the intense light.

Back
Top Bottom