Stocking for my new reef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grease

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was started my 2nd reef tank. It's a 20g long. Right now it's about 2 months old. I have a Royal Gramma n a Green Clown Goby. I want to get 2 Percula Clownfish n that would be all for fish. Is that too many fish or could I get away with it? I'm open for other stocking ideas too

It's a little overstocked but it can be done without too many issues. It would probably help to set up a refugium for some macro algae to help keep things in check.

Oh nice, I did the same thing (2nd tank is 20 g). Clowns are common, so maybe a more intriguing fish? A fairy wrasse or helfrichi firefish (if you're willing to spend that much).

It's a little overstocked but it can be done without too many issues. It would probably help to set up a refugium for some macro algae to help keep things in check.

I would like to have a refuguim but my wife says that tank has to be very simple. So all I have is a canister filter. My other tank as a sump n everything. That was part of the deal with her letting me set the 2nd one up

Oh nice, I did the same thing (2nd tank is 20 g). Clowns are common, so maybe a more intriguing fish? A fairy wrasse or helfrichi firefish (if you're willing to spend that much).

I like helfrichi. I would probably let my tank mature a little bit longer. I like the way ur thinking though. Thanks

Obscurereef, what do u have in your 20g?

I have a yellowtail damsel (which is actually peaceful) b/c the 20 g was supposed to be an angler tank, but never happened. I added a candy hogfish a few months ago and it's a little territorial towards my damsel. I'm acclimating a tail spot blenny and a helfrichi firefish right now. I'm worried that the hogfish will be aggressive, so he might have to go.

I really like the helfrichi firefish. I would add a yellow banded possum wrasse instead of the clown fish.

This helfrichi is a lot braver than my purple firefish was who took a week to come out fully. Sorry for the crappy quality. Those 2 just got added an hour ago.

img_2549757_0_5c5f30a949b08f1659aec4465c99fa36.jpg

(left the lights off for a while)

Back
Top Bottom