STOCKING MY TANK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ianrich147

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok im getting ready to fill up my 30 gal ben up for just over 2 months there is 30lb of ls and 35lb of lr my current stock list is

crabs
1 ELECTRIC BLUE HERMIT CRAB
2 SCARLET REEF HERMIT CRAB
2 EMERALD MITHRAX CRAB
7 DWARF BLUE LEG HERMIT CRAB

total 12

snails
1 BUBLE BEE SNAIL
10 ASTREA CONEHEAD SNAIL

total 11

shrimp
2 PEPPERMINT SHRIMP

fish
1 clown fish

and i was thinking of ordering from doc fosters to end up with

crabs
7 DWARF BLUE LEG HERMIT CRAB
3 dwarf zebra hermit crab
2 ELECTRIC BLUE HERMIT CRAB
2 EMERALD MITHRAX CRAB
2 SCARLET REEF HERMIT CRAB

total 16

shrimp
2 bumble bee shrimp
2 peppermint shrimp

total 4

snails
4 ASTREA CONEHEAD SNAIL
3 BUBLE BEE SNAIL
3 cerith snail
3 nassarius snail
1 red foot moon snail

total 14

fish
1 CLOWN FISH
1 PURPLE FIREFISH
1 un decided

so i was just lookin for any tips or conflicts or advice also feel free to recommend a 3rd fish

thanks

i would think about upping the # of nassarius snails to maybe 5-10 as they primarily will take care of the sand bed. I don't know much about the emerald crabs you want but something is telling me that you may have territory issues with that many of those crabs in a 30. As far as a third fish remember the 1inch of fish / 5 gal rule of thumb. your tank would be 6 in (not including the tail). Not to say your tank couldn't handle it but IMO you may become a bit overstocked by adding a third fish to your order. HTH

your on the mony with the crabs but thay only protect there cave (emerald crab) and thay just shove the hermits away ill bump up the nassarius snails to 6 and hold of on the 3rd fish

thanks

Back
Top Bottom