Stocking Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Natterjak

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 70 gal, and I'm looking for fish suggestions - I'm running out of ideas. :)

Currently I have:

1 percula clownfish
1 blue tang
1 yellow watchman goby
pistol shrimp
cleaner shrimp
mushrooms
leather
crocea clam

I'm looking at getting a six-line wrasse next. Do I have room for any more fish after that? Any suggestions?

TIA :)

I would think you have room for a few more small fish that do not get very big. I have a 90 with 2 clowns, 4 pj cardinals, 2green chromis, 1mandarin, 1yellow watchman, 1yellow tang, 1coral beauty, and all kinds of corals and cleaners. My tank still looks relatively unlived in.

My original thoughts were perhaps a royal gramma or a coral beauty (or both?). The coral beauty I'm hesitant about, because if it turns out to like my clam or corals, it's going to be impossible to get out without tearing stuff down, and I don't want to do that. Beyond those two though, I'm kind of out of ideas. My clown and tang swim around a lot, but they like to swim together, so I'd like to get some more active, swimming fish.

I'd suggest a mate for the perc.

I have 7 Green Chromis, 2 Percs, 2 Bangaii, and a Bar Goby. My 120 looks pretty empty too.

I think the gramma is a good idea. You could add a flame or coral beauty angel. I realize they have the potential to nip corals, but I have one (CB) that I've only ever seen nip once or twice. Normally when adding a new coral, like she's checking it out but has never done any damage. I believe the flame angel is another somewhat safe dwarf angel. I also think you could add a small school of chromis(3). They are fun to watch.

2 or 3 blue green chromis. (swims out front)

Or purple firefish. (hangs out in the middle bottom)

Or a pair of neon blue gobys. (rocks and out front sometimes. neat color and a cleaner too)

Bicolor blenny (rock dweller and algea muncher)

I'd thought about a mate for the perc, but wasn't sure how to go about introducing one. Do you get one that's smaller or bigger?

You should definitely get the smallest one possible. You want to try to be sure to get one that is still male. If it's already bigger there is too great of a chance that it has already changed to female and the one you have has probably already done that.

Back
Top Bottom