Stocking Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Georgefr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
In my 175 gallon tank I currently have:

1 Sailfin Tang
1 Flame Hawk
2 Clowns (Ocellaris)
2 Fire Fish
1 6 Line Wrasse
1 Leopard Wrasse
2 Engineer Gobies
1 Spotted Goby
1 Manderin
3 Blue Reef Chromis

My question is do you think I'm fully stocked or could I put some more in there? I'm partial to the PJ Cardinals. So if I could get away with several of them I'd put some in. Anything else I should consider?

Attachments

• image-512022447.jpg
    image-512022447.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 95
I'd say it depends on your equipment(skimmer,...) and water change regimen!?!

I agree. You can put a lot of fish in if you have the filtration system system to support it. Just make sure you do your water changes and test your parameter once a week to make sure everything is correct. I have PJ cardinals. I love them. Get more than one. They like hanging out together.

I have the Super Reef Octopus RO-PS-3000Int, and with weekly water changes, my last parameters were;

1.025 SG
8.1 PH
11 DKH
10 Nitrates
.1 Phos

How much rock is in your tank? It's tricky to give you a rule like 1" per gallon as they are never accurate. Some fish are messy eaters while in my tank nothing reaches the bottom of the tank. I have a lot of rock plus a refugium with algae and mangroves. Still, my skimmer pulls a cup of brown gunk every couple of days.

Also, flow is important. The more detritus you have piling up between your rock the more nitrates will build up.
A good clean up crew in conjunction with high flow or even a wave maker will help you there.

I have about 120lbs of live rock in the DT tank, and more in the sump with the chaet.

Back
Top Bottom