Stopping Vermetid snails in sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anovack

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone have a good remedy or solution to not letting Vermetid snails in sand. I have the calcium tubes coming out of the sand and spreading tentacles coming out. Early stages in my 29 but want to nip it now. There's more coming out the sand then on my LR

Take a picture of it. These guys don't normally show up in the sand, but could. I'd like to see what little guy we are talking about. If they are vermetid's, I superglue them shut.

I thought they were a form of them. Almost like a calcium tube. If you touch it they fall apart but grow back and shoot out tentacles like a web

Thanks sniper! Yeah your correct it looks like. Are they a problem in your opinion? I'm reading mixed feelings on the forums. I guess I just don't looking at them. I'll let its play its course if it's no biggy

I've never experienced them so I can't tell you one way or another. I haven't seen a mob up in arms about them being in their tank so you can just wait it out.

Back
Top Bottom