Storing My live rock for about a Month

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RickkyBobby

Aquarium Advice Activist
Right now i only have a few pieces of cured live rock that i need to remove from my sump because im starting the process of breaking down my tank..

My question is ... can i just throw that live rock in a 10 gallon tank with some water till saturday with a pump heater and airstone or should i put it in a larger container, something like a 16 gallon rubbermaid.. i just dont know if more water over the live rock would be better than just using the little 10 gallon tank..

ALso, should i just use a fresh mixed batch of saltwater for the live rock or just remove some of the water from my tank and use that instead..

My lfs always told me to place the rock in a container with a Powerhead. Preferably with water from the tank. No heater needed. This shop has never steered me wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

ok.. ill just do a water change and use that water..Ill be getting more live rock this weekend so i guess ill just use the larger container i have instead of the 10 gallon tank

Yup.. I've got a heater ..I'm in new England so it is about to start getting colder. ..

you'll defiantly need that heater... I'm from Reading Ma.. my house was 56 (inside ) last /Saturday morning (I'm not turning on the heat until Halloween!). ... have you been to Oceans in Glass in Salem N.H... their live rock, coral and fish are top notch..

Yup,I live dracut so I hit oceans in glass and jays aquatics all the time.. there was another store in Salem but he moved up to Manchester a couple months back

Roccus, if you havent already,check out Boston Reefers website.. it's a local site for people in our area.. All kinds of info and a great for sale section

Back
Top Bottom