Stressed Atlantic Blue!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MACATUA

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a baby Atlantic Blue tang. She was fine the first few days, but yesterday she started breathing real hard. She still moves around the tank, but not near as much as she used to. I am worried that maybe there is to much action around the tank for her. My roomates are kinda loud. Could this be her problem. All my levels are zero except nitrates, at 10 ppm. Anyway, anthing I should do? The guy @ the LFS sold me some BioSpheres that is supposed to help with stress, any experiences or advice?

If you look at the tang at an oblique angle can you see a velvety white coating on the fish, or white spots?

Did you quarantine this fish?

Lots of activity in the room can be very stressful and disruptive to your fish.

I agree with Kevin.

Also I might add that for a tang, these little buggers are very demanding as far as diet is considered... They require a constant food source, or they just quite simply aren't happy... Mine is still a baby, and can eat a sheet of NORI and come back for more... Also, they will eat Mysis shrimp like there is no tomorrow..

Mine breathes fast also, and I am starting to think it is normal for them... I think mine is out of breath because it won't stop swimming... :lol:

I hope the best for your fish and try to feed it often. good luck.

Back
Top Bottom