???stupid purchase??? HELP!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Namkcap

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Went to my LPS an bought a couple frags and a Koran Angle fish which Ron the owner told me the Koran would be fine in a reef tank. Well after a little research I have read several articles that say that is a no no. Do I need to remove the Koran? The Koran is a juvenile.

Ya I don't not have a 250. More like a 55. Ron also ask what size tank I had. :-(

Welcome to the LFS and their lies or lack of knowledge. Either way he got you. I bought a small reference book now that I carry with me in my car just in case i see an impulse buy fish. i got hosed too, was told a scooter blenny was just another blenny. LIE. It's like a mandarin and eats pods. Silly lfs's

I would return it especially if youre thinking of a reef tank, as he is not reef safe, not even marked with caution, lol, just say NO.

Good luck!

Thanks. I think I will find some where else to go.

You really have to research every thing yourself The one think i like about my LFS is that have a com set up so they or the customer can look things up on the spot that and the fact the owner has had SW tanks for the past 40 yrs. even if he's not 100% he will take the time to check things out

What's the best way to catch a fish in a 55 gallon with a hundred pounds of live rock? :( I could hurt mr.fish expert.

Where's this pet store?

Colonie NY i wish the 3 others i visit were as good

You may have to drane some water or make trap out of 2 liter bottle put some food in it and pull it when inters one way to makei the trap is to cut the top off and put it back up side down thus making a funnel he will swim in and have harder time getting out

Well I called Ron at my local pet store and he will let me return my Koran. Thanks for the advice. What's a reef friendly fish u guys and girls would recommend. Price range 50 to 100$

Namkcap said:
Well I called Ron at my local pet store and he will let me return my Koran. Thanks for the advice. What's a reef friendly fish u guys and girls would recommend. Price range 50 to 100$

What do u have now?

Last two posts priceless.. u know when poeple post the same link back to back it has to be a good one.

You may have to drane some water or make trap out of 2 liter bottle put some food in it and pull it when inters one way to makei the trap is to cut the top off and put it back up side down thus making a funnel he will swim in and have harder time getting out

Do you go to Eddies?? I go there too!

Thanks grizz for the insight on saratoga lfs's. The navy might be sending me to the prototype up there and the tank move from here will be stressful enough so at least I know I have that to look forward to in the way of aquariums that is

Grizz- Say hi to my brother, he lives in Colonie, my other brother lives in Lake Luzerne. I was just out there last year. I'm from Albany. LOL

Sorry to hit off topic. I'll sshh now.

Back
Top Bottom