Stupid Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, so is there any special type of food i should be buying for a peppermint shrimp? I bought him with a clean up crew, and i'm not sure if thats why he died.

THe shrimp will scavenge the food your fish do not consume. It will likly compeet with the fish for food for that fact.

austinsdad said:
No such thing as a stupid question 'round here.

You watch your language! :wink: :) :)

Ditto. Peppermint shrimp not only will scavange but they will pick stuff off your fish and rocks. They like the bacteria! I wouldnt worry about feeding them.

Mine eats off the rock, and comes out during feeding time. But don't feed anymore than usual.

As with almost all inverts they are very sensitive to water parameters... I had one in my 90 that was not fed for almost 6 months and he did just fine...

It's not a stupid question but everyone else has answered it for you, theirs no such thing as a stupid question, so plug away.

As I tell my students, the only stupid questions are the ones not asked. Funny how those always seem to be the ones that turn up on tests!!!

In this hobby it's good to ask questions because in life, unlike in school, we usually get the test BEFORE we get the lesson! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom