Stupid Turbo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

24 hours? NE!

Aquarium Advice Freak
I thought this was amusing. I really can't think of any way to deter it, just laughing.

I figured I would clip some algae to my tank for my tang's enjoyment. I had it on one side and he would never even go near it. It was sitting there for a couple of days and then my rather large turbo snail came across it. Gone in less than an hour. My turbo is always hungry and even after eating that rather decent sized piece of algae, has continued as usual. He's great for the glass!

Round two: moved the clip to other side hoping the tang would see it and start grazing. Snail was on opposite side of tank and in no time was having a smorgusborg. Tang didn't care.

Round three: Getting frustrated but got a lemonpeel that looked like it was looking for something to graze. Clipped up another piece and the angel led the way in grazing on it. The tang started to graze it also (the tang and angel have been buddies). Snail was again looking for an easy lunch. The fish were picking at the algae as it was being consumed by the snail.

Oh well, the fish are interested, so I guess I keep putting it up. The snail has to get full some time.[/list]

I'll get one the next time he does it. He just sits on the clip and a half hour later- GONE! I figure if he gets to it first, so be it. I can see him heading that way whenever I add another piece. I didn't think they were that hungry.

Look who's getting into the act now. I guess he doesn't want to be left out. At least he shreds some for the fish (who are getting some).

Aww, cute cleaner shrimp!! I wish mine would stop being such a lazy *** and get out of his little "Home" under the lr, I would have to kinda fling some food in his direction (including the star, considering that he hangs around with my cleaner)just to feed him :( Any ideas of getting him to explore my tank???

Yup, my cleaners do that too. Just make sure this doesn't happen!! :wink
Took me 3 days to get it back.

All right, this is getting out of hand. Now the little snails are getting into the act. The fish are barely getting any.

I can't put the snails into time-out. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom