Substrate Inverts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wwidener

Aquarium Advice Activist
I don't want to siphon my substrate anymore so I'm wondering what options I have. What are the best Inverts to add and how many? I have a mixed reef Biocube 32, 5 juvi fish, 1.5in Caribbean substrate, 2 cleaner shrimp that pick at the rock, and an anemone.

20180107_115524.jpg

My conchs go through the sub.
I believe Nassarius are sand sifters also..They smell food and hit the surface of substrate like a submarine breaching water !
The Nassarius are small around 1/2 inch so dig fine tunnels and stir in little ways ..
My conchs are 5years old and about 2-3 inches..They bulldoze the substrate when they want ,but also spend a lot of time on top in plane view..I think they are too cool with their elephant trunk and eyes...
My experience with the Nassarius is they stay under unless there is food above .

Nassarius snails are some of the best sand dwellers I've had and currently need some for my setup. I have a conch, but it wouldn't do well in a smaller system.

Back
Top Bottom