Success with Triggers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr_tee0419

Aquarium Advice Activist
Has anyone had any success with triggers and any type of invertebrate? I want one, but I'm afraid that it would eat my cleanup crew... What do you think?

Well I have 2 triggers in my 55g tank... Snails are gone in about 20mins.. Hermits are kinda slow to get eaten... I have about 2 left out of the 4 that i put in about 2m ago... I would advise against it if you dont want them to be food.. BTW my triggers is a picasso and a Niger..

HTH<
James

My cousin has a Niger and a Clown Trigger in a 80 gallon and all inverts he started out with are still alive, even the Fire Shrimp he added after he already had the two triggers. Luck of draw.

well I used to have a clown trigger and he co-exsisted with a bunch of snails, clown fish, damseles...ect. thats not to say they all wern't scared to death since none of them came out of hideing while he was in there. Good Luck.

I hade a huma that wasnt invert friendly. Between the fact that I couldnt have a clean up crew and he tore up my LR really bad, I had to give him up.

that is so funny. I put 4 ea snails and hermits in with my new humu trigger and couldn't figure out what happened to them. There is only one hermit left and no snails to be found. what kind of cleanup crew will work for these if any?

Usually as the triggers mature, they will almost definantely eat all inverts. Pink tails, and nigers would be the best candidates to try IMO if your willing to risk it.

Six-Line said:
Usually as the triggers mature, they will almost definantely eat all inverts. Pink tails, and nigers would be the best candidates to try IMO if your willing to risk it.

I work in a fish store and often I'll feed triggers little stone crabs or hitchhickers...most triggers tear into whatever is dropped in the tank.

I have a pinktail with snails and hermits and never bothers them. But I think it would take shrimps right out. Check out the Blue throat it is one of the more docile triggers.

Kaye

Back
Top Bottom