Suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

louherz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello All,

I am looking for suggestions of some pieces that would enhance my tank. I have a 62gallon reef set up, 36" power compact with moonlight, about 80lbs of live rock, 1 condy, one leather coral, one rock of orange button polyps, watermelon mushrooms, hairy mushrooms, star polyps, pagoda, pulsating xenias, coco worm and 2 feather dusters. I have some fish and a couple of shrimp in there. All are doing well, I am looking for something to add a lot of color to the tank (something to brighten it up a bit). Does anyone have any suggestions of something ( I am thinking corals, mostly) that is easy to care for that would look nice in my tank? I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks,
Louis

You have a pretty low light environment, I would look into some sea fans or some sun polyps. The sun polyps are not photosynthetic so your lights won't matter, however they have to be fed daily to maintain health. Best of luck to you.

While not always correct, its usually true that the more colorful the coral, the more intense the lighting it is used to. With just PC lighting, you could look for some more colorful mushrooms, maybe a ricordia or some zooanthids. Some colorful sponges may do okay but are not as hardy.

I will post some pics tomorrow

Sorry, I have been working some really long hours, haven't been on the computer lately. I will post some pics tonight or tomorrow, I left my camera at work.

Louis

Back
Top Bottom