Suggestions for Clean Up Crew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eb0

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
72 gal

40 lbs live sand

75 lbs of live rock

No idea where to even start, i have some random snails slurping around but thats it..

1 bicolor angel
2 percula clows
1 firefish
1 mandarin green goby

i would get some crabs, as long as your other fish wont eat them, but i added some in my 100 gal and the are awsome to watch, they are like the energizer bunny they just keep on going and going always looking for something to eat on the bottom but im a noob also so if i can get a second from an expert its all good :wink:

If someone could give me a break down on the different types of hermit crabs:

Bahama Red Leg
Electric Blue
Zebra

I know nothing of starfish... any info there would be good

Sandsifters...

cleaner shrimp, coral banded shrimp?

im a noob too, any help would be AWESOME.

I have an electric blue hermit in my tank. I love him - he is so adorable! His little blue eyestalks are the cutest! :) I also have about 4 Red-Legged Hermits. They all get along fabulously! But, I would make sure to have extra empty shells for the hermits so they don't kill any of your snails and steal the shells.

I also have two cleaner shrimp. They guys are great! My Regal Tang hasn't let them clean her very well yet, but they LOVE jumping on my hand everytime I'm doing something inside the tank!

I know lots of people have the coral banded shrimp, I'm just not very familiar with their behaviors. I have also had peppermint shrimp that I was quite fond of. They weren't as social as the skunk cleaners though.

So, if I were you I would get several red-legged hermits, blue-legged hermits, electric blue hermits, or others of the sort. I would also get a couple cleaner shrimp or some peppermints (they are also known to possibly help if you have an aiptasia problem).

HTH! :wink:

The best way to decide is to consider what you need cleaning up in the first place.

I need them to clean the sand bed from excess food, keep the bed moving so i dont have any algea buildup on the top, clean the liverock and glass, and get some cleaners to clean my fish..

Back
Top Bottom