Suicidal goby.....help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adamski

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have just acclimated a new pink spot goby. All was going well until he made about half a dozen jumps to leave the rimless tank in about 20 seconds. I now have him in a breeding tank type thing within the main display. The poor thing is obviously stressed. Would keeping him in the sump for a while be a good idea? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I had a lawn mower blennie do that a few time I have a cover but he finds the smallest openings to jump , i covered all the small holes so he can't jump ,
it's not 100% guaranteed he wont jump after he's acclimated so I would suggest some type of screen

That's the problem with rimless tanks, adding a screen kinda defeats the point although you are right. Short term any ideas? I'm almost sure that if he is released in to the display he'll be on the floor by the time I'm home from the gym

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I wasn't saying you need a cover all the time , when fish are first introduced to a new environment , they tend to be shaky and unpredictable , this is where a temporary cover comes in to prevent jumpers from jumping out , most of the time when they settle in there less likely to jump 10/15 days , but there's still that small chance just not as big as when they were first introduced ,

Back
Top Bottom