Summer Project Is it to Late?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
This summer I am going to try to construct a New Aquarium Stand on my 55 Gallon. Right now I have the Basic Black stand 48x12x28 Was wondering how much more bigger I should go? Also I was thinking of installing a Overflow Box with Sump/Refugium. I was wondering for ideas on that I should do and how to construct this project. My glass is not drilled so there will be no drilling to install the Sump. Le me know of some ideas....

Thanks

:D

No drilling needed. A HOB overflow will work fine. A refugium will be great on your tank.

agreed. You can make the stand as big as you haev room for, so you can conceal all the equipment below.

Over on RC in the DIY forum is a ton of info and pics of stands

Here is a Sketch of my New Stand

Well I got a Sketcc of How I want my Stand to look I kind of mapped it out the Best way I can to show you How it will be set-up. It will be for a 55 G now but will convert to 120G in the future... Look below

img_963774_0_32cd398a402810dd167da97e53ff19c9.jpg

Hmmm, are you planning on putting/maintaining the sump from the back? If I remember your set up right now, it is against a wall and with your plan may make it difficult to get to.

Yeah I know. That's why I am making it with a Few opening especially were the Sump/refugium is going to be, I forgot I wanted a door there 2. and I am making it 28 inches Wide so the tank will be only using 12 inches of it the rest I should be able to have access to and be able to maintain and work with. I am on a Second Floor Apartment so hopefully all goes well But then again with my luck. :onfire::onfire::silly:

Back
Top Bottom