Sump.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mansiz

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had already fixed up all things for the sump, now the only thing is that how do I start the whole tank of water in the sump? Can I just mix salt and set to the same sg as the display tank and let the salt completely dissolved and start the sump? Or I have to go through the tedious cycle of NH3 to NO2 to NO3?

keep in mind the volume the plumbing will consume as well. You don't want your pump cavitating (running dry and burning as well as filling your tank with bubbles). Either have some extra water handy to pour in or overfill your sump a little to compensate. You can expect at least a few microbubbles for a little while until your plumbing slimes over. Watch for leaks and check back later for saltcreep on your plumbing for leeks you may not see immediately. Good luck.
R-

and check back later for saltcreep on your plumbing for leeks you may not see immediately

Hmm, could you explain this sentence for me please? Sorry I don't quite understand about saltcreep etc. :oops:

Hmm, could you explain this sentence for me please? Sorry I don't quite understand about saltcreep etc.
Check your plumbing in about a week at all the joints. You will notice a "crust" of white salt around the joints if you have any leaks. Its just a precaution.

Back
Top Bottom