Sump down for 7 days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beej1254

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought some krylon fusion for plastic today in hopes of spray painting my pvc overflow glossy black. The can recommends a full week for it to cure. I'm currently out of work with a hurt foot and not going to waste money to build another overflow/return. I'm going to have to cut the DT from the sump completely. I'm kind of worried about what problems this might bring on. I have my skimmer, heater, refugium, live rock all down in the sump. Should I leave the sump full of water? Should I use this chance to clean out excess debris? I worry about placing the LR and Chaeto in the main DT because of cyano on them. But I can easily clean them before putting them in. Just nervous about what might happen. I just painted the back of my tank black so the white pvc looks very bad to me.

Thanks everyone for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Or maybe now that I'm thinking about it I can get larger diameter pipes for my overflow and return...and redo baffles in my sump for better flow. UGH.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom