Sump equipment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stlrockguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is the equipment I'm working on getting in a few weeks. I have a 55 gallon. Can you tell me if this equipment will all work with each other

Sump info
http://bit.ly/13LmBW7

Skimmer. Reef octopus nwb200 8" pinwheel

Deluxe CPR90 continuous siphon overflow(600gph)

I was looking at a sicce syncra return but I I have no clue what size I need. I could use some help on that

http://bit.ly/1dt2VrE

If you go with that overflow you will want the return pump flow after headloss to be under 600gph.

You can google headloss calculator.

Alternative. Get one rated at 600 gph after headloss. Then either add a valve to the return line to dial down the flow a little or T off the return with a ball valve bypass back into the sump to do the same thing. Later is better as it limits back pressure on the return pump.

Sicce Syncra Silent 2.0 Pump (568 GPH)is that still to much. I'm not wanting to run a lot of different plumbing. I would like to have a sump pump that is close to the gph I need to have

Also check out the Danner Mag Drive 7 and the Lifeguard Aquatics Quiet one 3000. They are a little cheaper and tried and true.

Also check out the Danner Mag Drive 7 and the Lifeguard Aquatics Quiet one 3000. They are a little cheaper and tried and true.

I use the mag 7 myself. Also use a mag 9.5 for my skimmer. Very reliable.

If I have 600 gallons per hour coming out how much am I needing to put back in

As much as you want with out going over that. The overflow will match your return pump up to the overflow's max flow.

If your return pump is pushing 400 gph at the end of the plumbing then your overflow will empty your display at same rate. But if you pump is pushing 800 and overflow is rated at 600 you will be pushing more than it can handle and will overflow the display tank.

In other words overflows are rated at max gph capacity not how fast they Normally run at. Their running gph is determined by the return pump and headloss.

6 feet? Is the sump in the basement? head loss is determined by upwards lines and elbows (90's and 45's), not any lines parallel to the floor. Water traveling sideways isn't effected by head loss.

If that's the case is say 4ft MrX. Ok so I want a slower rate going over the fuge so I believe I'd want less flow. Say around 400

Go with a mag 7 with 1" output plumbing and you should get between 400 and 500.

Why do you want a slower rate over the refugium? If you are using a HOB overflow you must size the pump to it, or it will eventually fail on you.

Back
Top Bottom