sump instalation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xanth

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 90 gallon tank I have had it up for 8 months with a hang on back protien skimmer, several powerheads, and a hang on the back double biowheel power filter 75 lbs live rock and crushed coral.

fish six line wrasse, foxface lo, Ocellaris Clownfish, Sailfin Tang, Sailfin/Algae Blenny, Bulb Anemone, feather dusters, pumping xenia

I was wondering if some one could help me with my problem

My water is hard to keep clear and I wanto install a sump

The problem is I have an
aga all glass aquarium on a a pine stand --Two doors with a bar in the center. --I want to install a sump and when I tried to put thesump/aquarium (dimensions 30 x 12x 12) under the cabinet it would not fit because of the small opening do to the cross bar. how do I get the sump into the cabinet without tearing down tank and stand.

anyone with some sugestions?

thanks

Could you get a picture of your stand...I am facing similar problems but have come up with some solutions largely based on the things shown on www.melevsreef.com (btw, a great place for ideas and information!!) With some pictures of your stand I would be glad to offer my help!

Drain it and then remove the center brace. The way on Melev's site will work but you better be careful. When I had a sump underneath my tank I removed a side of the stand so I could slide the sump in. I built my stand so I knew what I could remove without affecting the structure of the stand.

My stand has a side door for this purpose and I have 55g sump that I can slide in and out. I designed it this way and my friend built it. You could always precut everything and assemble it in the stand!

Back
Top Bottom