sunlight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pelochas

Aquarium Advice Activist
is sunlight bad for an SW tank? should no or some sunlight penetrate a SW tank?

my tank will up against the corner of my room and its where 2 windows are at also. i can completely close the shade and have almost no light come in but sometimes i wish to have a outside view? the back of the tank will be painted black but i am considering painting it blue. will the black paint be better?

Sunlight will cause algae to grow quickly. It will also cause the temperature in your tank to be higher than it might be if not in the sun. This could be a problem if the sun heats it up during the day, and then at night the water temp cools down. A fluctuation in temps will shock and stress your tank inhabitants. Not saying your tank should be in a dark room, but these are a couple of issues that come to mind.

i've also discovered that some fish act funny when direct light comes in from the side of the tank, instead of the top. i think it messes with their equilibrium, and whic way is up and down.

Back
Top Bottom