Super glue?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Datreeferman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've heard that you can use super glue to glue frags to rocks. Is that true? If so how? What type of super glue? Any help appreciated,:thanks:

I've heard that you can use super glue to glue frags to rocks. Is that true? If so how? What type of super glue? Any help appreciated,:thanks:
You can use glue that has cyanoacrylate. Like Loctite brand. You CANNOT use products that contain ethyl cyanoacrylate.

I believe there is an aquarium safe putty that is frag safe and allows you to scape it how you want. Can't recall the name ATT

Use super glue gell. It will eventually grow algae over it and blend in with the rest of the rock. The glue will harden when it touches the water so it is best to squeeze the tube on the rock under water and use pressure to push them together. Clean the rock by scraping it with another rock or a tool. The algae on existing rocks will prevent a good adhesion.

I'm guessing that'll be on the ingredients, :thanks:for the help
Yes that is the active ingredient. Look for the one without the word Ethyl. There are plenty of glues to choose from along with lots of putty. Only the glue has the cyanoacrylate to look for though

Back
Top Bottom