Super Glue Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm gonna try that, i bought some marineland epoxy stuff and it sucks for attaching frags. everything has to be bone dry, thats kinda hard with one side being the coral and all. plus it's pretty ugly. whats the process for the super glue?

I just dab the side of the frag and the rock with a papertowel to dry the spot where the superglue gel is gonna go.
Place a drop of superglue gel on the frag and lightly hold it in place on the rock for 10 seconds.
So long as it sticks you can place it right back in the water and it will hold just fine.

I do the same a loyalrogue. Dab it dry, add a drop of gel, attach frag. I have this space atop the powerhead, in the tank, where I sit the frag for a little while so it can set in a non-turbulent area. I doubt it really matters, but it has worked so far for me.

is it ok to expose most frags to the open air? that is the part that has bothered me the most. i tried to keep the majority of the coral under water and just work with the skeleton, but they are slimy and hard to hold when they are soo small. needless to say my poor meat coral took a few trips to the bottom while i was trying to figure out the best way to attach it. i want to avoid that kind of stress, unless it doesnt matter.

A minute or so out of water won't hurt them at all. If you ever go to a frag workshop, the pros usually leave the corals out for quite a while while they go about mauling them. ;)

Don't worry about exposing them to air, they'll be just fine.

Back
Top Bottom