Superglueing frag...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hinds04

Aquarium Advice Addict
What is the correct superglue to use? and what is the process?

You want the super glue GEL. Not the runny stuff. Gel is the best. Just put a decent amount on the frag plug, or rock rubble or base of the coral and stick it in a spot you like. Hold it there for a little bit and then it should be there for good. Don't be stingy with the gel though, you will need to put a good amount on the frag for it to hold underwater.

If I cut a stock of frogspawn or something like that does the superglue go right on a stock with no problems? So there is no certain type of superglue I should get?

Yeah, you should just put the superglue gel right on the bottom of the stalk and place it on to the rock you want it to be on.

Loctite makes a great superglue gel. That's the brand i always use and i've never had any problems with it ever. Love that stuff. It's much better and less obvious than epoxy under water.

No prob. Have fun, and watch your fingers lol. That superglue is some crazy stuff. I've gotten a couple fingers stuck together before. Not fun.

I couldnt find the gel, so I bought the "Gorilla Super Glue" and it worked perfectly, it is consistent and thicker than the regular superglue, and Ive glued a thick piece of frogspawn, and many other candy canes around the tank with it...Just in case you cont find the gel form

Just a reminder I forgot to mention:
Get "GORILLA SUPER GLUE"

Not "GORILLA GLUE"

They are made by the same company, but completely different products.
Happy gluing.

Back
Top Bottom