supplements?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those two and other trace elements are in your salt in the correct amounts to approximate the ocean or at least provide a good environment for your coral. By just doing regular water changes you will ensure that these trace elements are replenished. Some people dose iodine because it is rumored to help soft corals but it can also fuel algae. It is very easy to over dose. I would recommend not dosing. There are a huge percent of people who don't and still have health beautiful reef tanks.

Those two and other trace elements are in your salt in the correct amounts to approximate the ocean or at least provide a good environment for your coral. By just doing regular water changes you will ensure that these trace elements are replenished. Some people dose iodine because it is rumored to help soft corals but it can also fuel algae. It is very easy to over dose. I would recommend not dosing. There are a huge percent of people who don't and still have health beautiful reef tanks.

Can't say it much better! I agree 100%.

That Pat sure does know their stuff. Excellent advice

I agree with Pat as well!

I've never dosed either of those and have had no issues and my tank is doing very well. The only thing I dose at this point is B-Ionic 2part because of the large load of SPS corals I have in my system. Other then that it is just PWCs every other week for me.

Back
Top Bottom