Sure wasn't expecting this...clownfish eggs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Devilishturtles

Aquarium Advice Addict
I been noticing my clownfish pair picking at a crevice under their host torch coral. I just kept an eye on them. Tonight at feeding time I look in and there are...eggs. Atleast, that is what they look like. And the fish sure are guarding them well. Cleaning and fanning them alot.

Totally unexpected!

Any advice would be appreciated on how to try and rear them, or are they pretty much impossible? Only other fish in the tank is an algae blenny.

Attachments

• picture_107__medium__819.jpg
    picture_107__medium__819.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 71
  • picture_107__medium__819.jpg
    picture_107__medium__819.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 69
  • picture_106__medium__872.jpg
    picture_106__medium__872.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 59
  • picture_106__medium__872.jpg
    picture_106__medium__872.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 57
  • picture_109__medium__187.jpg
    picture_109__medium__187.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 49
  • picture_109__medium__187.jpg
    picture_109__medium__187.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 40
Wow, congrats DT!!

I'd get myself a brine shrimp factory and get it set up just in case. :) I'm sure the blenny will help himself if the opportunity arises but maybe you can rear a few of them. Good luck!!

Lol. Sure thing. (Btw, you aren't the only person that said they couldn't see them.) They are the bunch of dark specks right under the torch coral. Sort of grey in color and there are quite a few of them. I'll edit and circle them when I get home tonight if you still can't see them.

Thanks again guys.

Neilster, thanks for the link. Was quite informative. According to the link, my eggs are about 8 days old though. Seems like they are maturing faster than normal. ;) The eyes are turning silver like mentioned in the article.

I'm going to work on setting up the empty 10 gallon tonight for some clownfish fry. Maybe. :)

I just recently picked up a juvenile pair of Occ. clowns. I'm glad to see your success. Best of luck raising the fry and congrats!

Well, the babies must have hatched overnight. There was none left this morning. I wasn't going to attempt to rear them this time around. I just wasn't ready for them when they came.

Oh well. Maybe next time. Thanks for the comments/suggestions, all.

Back
Top Bottom