Surprise waiting for me the other night!! 8O

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StickyTuba

Aquarium Advice Activist
The other night my wife told me to come and look at our tank.
Apparantly one of my Kenya Tree Corals had reproduced. Sure enough there was a new Kenya tree growing on my LR. I was so surprised to see it. It is very small at this point in time but hopefully it will keep growing.

I will try and post some pictures later this weekend. Just wanted to share with everyone. :D

Cool beans... (y)

Sounds like the tank is doing well for the coral to be propagating like that. The more you get mabye you'll be able to make some trades with local reef clubs or the LFS.

Cheers
Steve

Very cool! Isn't that so exciting?

My Kenya's dropped 3 babies in the last week! They were hiding behind the rocks on the right hand side of the tank (which I don't usually look at because I don't have anything planned growing there, lol). There they were! Very cool indeed.

I wonder how you move these things if you don't like where they've landed...

Congrats!

My friend josh frags his kenya tree (mother colony) once a month. I have seen him actually cut it right off the rock and move it, and it reattached and was still living. Congrats on the baby... :D

Congrats! Same has been happening in my tank. Zoos have propagated over the entire rock that they came with, and the main xenia stalk (there's three of them) split and grew twice as many arms. Totally neat. My pink colt I thought 2 of the 3 stalks were dead, finally showed some pink (instead of the bone white) and stood up when I adjusted their location in the tank to a more light-favoring position. :)

Back
Top Bottom