SW Forum Users

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How Would You Describe Your SW Forum Usage?

• Compulsively check every new post!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Read most topics that are created

• Follow a few topics that interest me

• Only check topics that I created myself

• Total voters

Atari

Aquarium Advice Addict
Kinda curious to see how other people use these forums.

I'm totally compulsive about reading every single new post :oops:

EDIT: Just realised that last option is redundant :lol:

I mostly only follow the topics that interest me but I have been checking the forums often lately!

YOu must have changed the last option as I dont see it as redundant.

I think alot of it depends on how much time a person has at a given moment to look. I know if im running short on time I will scan the subject titles for items of interest or items that might need attention. I also skip over topics with a fair number of replys usually. With the memberbase we have not I dont feel the need to view every single topic. I figure with the quality advisors we have as well as the quality of the regular memberbase new members are getting the best advice they can. So often unless a subject really jumps out at me Ill skip topics with 6+ replys.

I agree, we really do have a lot of excellent members who love to help and offer advice.

BTW I didn't change the last option. What I meant was that if the person only checks topics they created themselves then they wouldn't be checking THIS topic to vote! :lol:

Myself, since I am fairly new to this (6-7 months), I check every Saltwater post for information. Alot of times I don't need to ask a question if I got one because someone else has already asked and the answer was given multiple times.

I also get some entertainment along the way rading some of the funny posts and of course seeing the posts about things that I went through when I started up my tank.

I try to log on everyday if I can. Work has been very demanding lately and time has been in short supply, but I ead as many as I can at one sitting.

Mike

I am subscribed to each SW forum we have, I receive an email for each new topic posted in a SW forum, I scan each email, if it interests me, or looks like something that might need to be watched closely, I will visit the topic and either reply or subscribe to it.

Back
Top Bottom