SW Sponge - Good? Bad? Ugly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dscount

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay. LFS was basically selling off everything. (Too bad the discount was not that great).

Anyways. As part of taking down one of the display tanks I managed to pickup a 5lb LR with a very large yellow sponge attached. I recall reading something about this in the past but didn't know enough.

So... who has or knows about sponges? I can provide a pix but it's basically a giant yellow pourous looking thing. I originaly thought it was a giant wax mess someone dropped into the tank.

Good? Bad? Ugly? (It is kinda ugly, so I'll answer that one)

Attached a picture, but it's not that great. Some light sand dust has been kicked up my my damsel.

Attachments

• dsc00049_272.jpg
    dsc00049_272.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 121
I have a decent sized orange sponge type like that, that is growing on a chunk of LR. I hope you didnt let the sponge get expossed to air other wise it is going to die.

Thanks All. Yes when I moved it the LFS was very good to remind me "NO AIR Exposure" for the LR with the Sponge. Since it kills it off. I did notice a little piece on the corner some how didn't make it. Might have been when the LFS moved it between tanks too.

Most LFS wont tell you that. You might have a keeper there. I`m talking about the LFS. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom