Taking rocks from the beach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canterthefishman

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone. I am on vacation and I found all of these rocks on the beach that look like they were once live rock, So I was wondering if i can I take these rocks and put them in my reef tank.

Thanks

Make sure either it's not illegal to collect those rocks or you don't get caught lol. If there were underwater, then inspect for any bad hitchhikers and if they were dried on the land, wash them really well.

Yeah I don't think you can take it back on a plane, but you can always try. If they don't let you, you just throw it away.

Wouldn't the baggage fees be more than just buying live rock in the States.What are you going to declare in your baggage,oh live rock from China,you might spend some time in Homeland Security office.LOL

You won't be allowed to return with the rocks. You could ship them back to yourself probably. I would highly recommend not doing this as the potential down side is huge. Unless these are really special rocks, I would buy some live rock and some base rock from the LFS and wait for nature to take it's course.

Back
Top Bottom