Tang-like fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depends on what you consider nano I suppose, people have called my 45 a nano but I though nanos were 20 and under

Can't he keep a tang until it's a certain size? Then either upgrade to a larger tank or give it to someone who can house it or the lfs?

No you cant. Tangs are swimmers and need alot of swimming room. A 45 gallon tank will not provide enough room.

Just wondering if anyone sees a big difference in up keep compared with a larger tank. I was thinking about starting a smaller tank like 10 or below and just keeping coral and inverts. any advice would help because I heard the smaller u go the harder it is.

melosu58 said:
No you cant. Tangs are swimmers and need alot of swimming room. A 45 gallon tank will not provide enough room.

I know I was wrong for saying that and posted on a later comment. Thank u for correcting me. I'm learning from this experience.

J670: well the only thing that I can think of that's harder is that water parameters tend to fluctuate more and faster (temp, salinity, etc.)

I know I was wrong for saying that and posted on a later comment. Thank u for correcting me. I'm learning from this experience.

No problem. We are all learning every day. There is this misconception out there that small tangs can go in small tanks. Not true at all and just wanted to get that out there.

Sorry I didn't see that you said you already had 2 wrasses. What type of clown do you have, and a single or just a pair.

A pair of either clarkii or sebae clowns, here's a pic of one of them:

Attachments

• image-1976535780.jpg
    image-1976535780.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 73
I certainly have been guilty of lusting over a fish that I just don't have the tank for: Majestic Angel :oops:

There are sooo many interesting fish that would love the 45 you have. The pygmy angels alone are worth taking a closer look at.....lots to fall in love with there and they all make a great center pieces---a lemon peel or flame comes to mind. I love sailfin blennies too---very cool once you give it a second take. (y)

Yeah the lemon peel looks really close to the yellow tang

Lemon peels are notorious coral nippers. Had to trap one on my reef and deport him. I also have had trouble with Black Tails, occasional problems with a Flame as well. My Coral Beauty is the only one that seems coral safe. They are all cool for a fish only setup,

Back
Top Bottom