Tang picking Lord acan??!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tmyboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok well I've never seen this before, but my blue hippo nips at it and literally picks il up off the rock and drops it on the substrate upside down!

I thought it was really weird that I had to search for the acan all the time and always thought it was the Mexican turbos bulldozing it but always thought it was odd that it was sooo far away. Now I know.

No matter where I put the little guy (4 heads), she finds it and picks on it. I thought about gluing it down, but then I'm worried that she'd pick it to death or something.

Btw....the hippo is definitely the tank boss....is it territorial?

Any suggestions?

Regards,

T

Im pretty sure it some type of territorial behavior, ive notice my clowns and my lawnmower blenny do similar things. Watched my blenny move a frag all the way across the tank. Try moving it to a new area thats worked for me, if glueing it down your right he could ruff it up trying to move it but not sure if that would happen or not.

Forgot moving it has already failed lol. You could try glueing it down and see what happens, i highly doubt she would tear it apart, keep an eye on it and see what she does. What size tank is it? She got any other disputes with anything or anyone else in the tank?

Schism said:
Forgot moving it has already failed lol. You could try glueing it down and see what happens, i highly doubt she would tear it apart, keep an eye on it and see what she does. What size tank is it? She got any other disputes with anything or anyone else in the tank?

Ya it's really weird?

No she doesn't mess with anything else. Doesn't touch 1 other thing. She's the tank boss and makes sure all other fish know it, but things don't ever get nasty.

It's a 75g with a 30g sump. 115lbs of lr.

Shes probably just showing her dominance. You can glue it down, if she continues beating it up regularly its probably not going to do well so if it were me id just glue it down and see what she does. .

My Maroon clown will do the same thing to anything placed near his Nem. I couldn't figure out why stuff would be moved for awhile, thought it was the snails too, until I saw him grab a 2" by 3" piece of Montipora, swim it to the middle of the tank, and toss it. He's a fiesty one!! :)

Back
Top Bottom