Tang possabilitys in a 40 gal reef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
55 may still be too small, usually it's 75 gallon MIN. Parents have two in a 55 and they both need a bigger tank despite being juveniles.

I've heard a yellow tang can do okay in a 55. I have never had one though so I cant say for sure. I know most tangs need a min. tank size of 75 gallons as flamingonhot said.

A 55 would be the absolute minimum for a tang, depending on species. Yellow or kole may be options.

I agree with lando in that I had a yelloe and Kole in a 55 for several years but I would say 55 is minimum

yup yellow would lead a reasonably happy life, just dont go nuts with the LR - it will take too much swiming room.

i have a yellow in a 55 and as he has gotten full size he is very cramped. if you had a sump to store about half the ok in the tank then they will do ok.i have 110 pounds of rock with no sump so he can barely turn around. time to upgrade.

Ive learned alot over the last year almost about SW tanks.... My first tank was a 10 gallon with a few pounds of live rock.

Anyway all that to say that I stocked it with a Clown, Gramma and a... you guessed yellow tang. That thing was so depressed right when I put it in so I like to ask lots of questions now

Back
Top Bottom