Tang question....not for a queezy stomach!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
Maybe this is normal....dont know. So here it is. I have a regal tang in QT since June. Long story short, I have noticed 2-3 times that this regal when releiving himself (crapping), he will do his business, swim around a bit them go back and EAT it!! is this normal? Heard of dogs doing this but not fish....he eats most of it. Im trying to get him healthy and over ick and HLLE, but somehow or another I dont think him doing this helps!! let me know what you think. Sorry to be gross.....

Sometimes when there isn't enough for them to graze on they will eat their own poo. My cousin's eats his own poo all the time and is perfectly healthy.

Yes this is somewhat normal. Its quite possible the fish does not even realize what it is but instead is just going for something floating in the water that looks like a meal.

How often do you feed? Whta do you feed?

I feed every other day as far as mysis soaked in all sorts of stuff (Zoe, Selcon, garlic) and also mix the mysis with brine and some algea based frozen food...also I soak the nori type sheets in the same above and feed this to him every day as well. Doesnt appear he is doing this from a lack of food for sure!! His little stomach is ALWAYS full!

I have a healthy tang thats has a liking for cowfish poo. Not sure why, but the more it gets recycyled the better off my tank is.

My tang does the same thing. He's healthy and has been with me for two years. I've also seen him eat the waste from the corals. 8O

Back
Top Bottom