Tangs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clowninround

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I posted before about which Tang I should get. Since both the Naso and Orange shoulder are peaceful fish, can I get away with buying them both or is that too much, not a good combo???

I have read that as long as they do not resemble each other they will be alright. Two that look the same will usually have territorial problems. You have a big tank and I do not know what an orange tang looks like but if they do not have the same coloration they should be fine I would think. People mix blues and yellows all the time with no problems.

I think in your tank it has a good chance of working. You could always return one if it doesn't. :wink:

In my opinion, that tank is not big enough for both of those fish that will get extremely large.

I LOVE the nasos! So peaceful and fun to watch. Great personality. I don't know anything about the orange shoulders. You may know this, but if you get a naso, the males will grow extensions on their rear fin that are very cool (on the tips) the females do not. Here is a pic of my female.

img_298721_0_e819947110640399ed9a25fe8e9e1965.jpg

Again, great fish and VERY hardy!

Jim

Back
Top Bottom