tangs for 55?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sir_dudeguy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
are there any tangs that do well in a 55 gallon tank? i'm just trying to figure out what i wanna get when my tank is done cycling. are blue tangs too big? i thought i saw 75 gallons for them, but idk...
any other suggestions would be good too
thanks

oh, and i've got 28 lbs of base rock right now...to be getting some live soon hopefully

thanks

A 55 gal is too small for a blue tang since they grow to around 10+”. IMO If wanting one tang I’d stick with a yellow, Kole, Bristletooth, or Mimic Tang which all are less than or at 8” at adult length.

Also keep in mind that since these fish still get pretty large you will be limited in how many additional fish you can add in the 55 gal sticking around 12"-14" of adult fish total.

yeah, srry everyone...i did some research on the boards here, and i pretty much decided that a tang is not what i wanna do for my tank due to size. i was gonna post a message saying, but it wouldnt let me...said something about 12 hr. waiting period before i can post

Back
Top Bottom