tangs or similar fish for a 55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hackteck

Aquarium Advice Addict
i was wondering what type of fish i could keep in my 55g, right now i have 2 clowns(percula) and a cleanup crew. is there any type of tang thats for 55g i know its wishful thinking hehe also if not what other different types of fish could i keep suitable for 55g

80-90 lbs fiji lr
60 lbs ls
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 5

oh i forgot also ive been up and running for about 3 weeks now, i'm not adding anything for another couple weeks just doing research for when i do get ready to add another fish

I keep a yellow tang in my 55g. I wouldn't put it in anything smaller than that though. So, for my tang suggestions, and I'm sure others may disagree, I'd stick with a yellow tang or maybe a kole tang. Other fish you could consider are dwarf angels. Lots of choices there.

It's a gamble. Some are more friendly than others. I kept a coral beauty in my reef for years with no problem. Flame angels are supposed to be a safer bet as well.

I think the flame angles are one of the most beautiful fish. I kept one in a small reef for years and he never caused any problems.

I`m the oppisite I had a couple types of angels and had to get rid of all of them for nipping. I agree that yellow and kole is only ones for 55.

I would agree with the Yellow Tang being able to go into your tank. I have a small yellow and a small hippo in my 55 right now. The hippo tang is getting moved into a different tank soon but I might keep the yellow in there. As for the angels it is hit or miss. My mom has a Flame and she has had no problems. Good Luck and HTH

what about this combination of fish? 2 percula clowns, 1 sandsifting goby and 1 yellow tang? is that an overload?

ok i think thats what i'm gonna be adding in the next few months, and i'll try to stay way from the impulse buys so i wont get chewed out like you guys like to do some members lol :lol:

Back
Top Bottom