tangs! tangs! tangs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philly

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a small regal tang wich i m gonna give back to the lfs when it gets big so no worries.

i have a 90 gal. with lr and lots rock and swimming space

i wanna replace my yellow tang with a powder blue tang

can i do this

i also wanna know if its possible to add a 3rd tang in my aquarium if so wich one

I have a similar question: I have a purple tang in a 125 w/ 130lbs LR and would like to add a powder blue tang. The purple has been in the tank only about 2 months and I am curious to hear responses to your post.

You know I ask my wife today a similar question. Most places say that you can only keep one tang per tank. I have seen many tanks that have had 2 or more tangs getting along just fine. Whats the deal?

In my experiance if you have the room for multiple tangs a 125gallon or more they will be safer put together if they look dissimilar, so a yellow tang and a regal would be safer than a regal and a poweder blue. Another rule of thumb is to look at their latin names and put tangs in tanks that are different for example yellow tangs and purple tangs are zebromosas and wouldn't do well together but a zebramossa and a paracanthrus (regal) would be a safer bet.

HTH
JOSh

I have a Light Brown Tang,a Purple Tang,a Yellow Tang,and a Hippo Tang together and all of them get along perfectly fine,so the only thing I would worry about is the order that you put them in.

Actually what I have heard is that two tangs will fight (if they are known to) but more than two will be peaceful towards each other. But thats what I have heard not what I have done

another rule of thumb i thought of is pretty much what chris said, odd numbers are best, for schooling tangs of the same kind. however 3 tangs are sometimes not enough, i have heard that min. on schooling them is 5. Many people form my LFS have told me 3 and even 2 work fine others have said they have to have at least 5 or death follows. some tangs are known to be more aggressive though.

Back
Top Bottom