Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hardridge

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 80gal been running salt for about 7 yrs. I recently changed it I've to a reef. Is this like starting fresh? I think I maybe rushing things I've had lost a nice V. Tang and a couple Angels. They start out fine then die. The tang I never found is it possible a xxxlg mushroom (15inches) could eat a larger fish?

Hardridge said:
I have a 80gal been running salt for about 7 yrs. I recently changed it I've to a reef. Is this like starting fresh? I think I maybe rushing things I've had lost a nice V. Tang and a couple Angels. They start out fine then die. The tang I never found is it possible a xxxlg mushroom (15inches) could eat a larger fish?

What kind of mushroom do you have that is 15 inches?

Ricksreef said:
What kind of mushroom do you have that is 15 inches?

image-1209370101.jpg

Thk it's called an Elephant Ear. It's not even open all the way

needmorecowbell said:
They aren't exactly perfect candidates for a reef tank but I'm pretty sure it couldnt eat an angel.

Why not they're so beautiful. Asking for my own knowledge, is it Somethg that should be removed?

They eat small fish like chromis. As long as you don't see it eating your cuc or a fish i don't think it will be a problem.

That is a big sucker.LOL.I had some hairy metallic mushrooms that would close up completely on food.Does the elephant ear?

Ricksreef said:
That is a big sucker.LOL.I had some hairy metallic mushrooms that would close up completely on food.Does the elephant ear?

Yes I feed him silversides

Be cautious. I don't know how big your angel was but I really can't see any adult angel getting eaten, even the smaller ones like coral beauties.

needmorecowbell said:
Be cautious. I don't know how big your angel was but I really can't see any adult angel getting eaten, even the smaller ones like coral beauties.

It was a V. Tang and a bicolor

I don't think so, is there any other reason you could think of that could cause that? Was it cycled? Also, do you know if the params were off? Some tangs are fragile.

Back
Top Bottom