Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mlord97

Aquarium Advice Regular
Tank heater broke through the night. This morning tank was below 60 degrees. Should I be concerned

What fish do you have in it??! I would think so if you had my fish!

Some maroon clowns a anthia and a mandarin

Yes you should definitly be concerned. How soon before you can purchase another heater

I just bought one and in there right now.

It's on full blast dang heater. All my corals are closed and shriveled up

How big is your tank? Not sure i would have it full blast, you might blow the heater and the fish shouldnt get such a drastic change in temperture which will depend on your tank size

Mlord97 said:
It's on full blast dang heater. All my corals are closed and shriveled up

No dont do full blast. Definitly not. Slowly raise the temp! If it goes quickly up to 80, it could be just as damaging to your fish

I have it on 78 and it reads 68 on water temp. :(

If it was at 60 maybe put it to 70 for now, and then adjust from there. Your corals will probably be ok depending on what kinds you have, some can be very picky as far as temperature.

Montipora caps mushroom xenias candy cane and a gonapora

You should look into multiple heaters, I keep a small one in my display and a larger one in sump. the small one is set a few degrees lower so if the large one breaks the small one will slow the temp change down. This will give u time to pick up a new heater, just my 2 cents

Yeah that's what I'm plannin on doin. Darn heaters is gonna mess my things up

Last edited by a moderator:
Those corals should be ok, the goni can be touchy but it was only a few hours so you might be ok. :) Just get that temp back to normal nice and slow and give them a day or two to see how they fared.

carey said:
Those corals should be ok, the goni can be touchy but it was only a few hours so you might be ok. :) Just get that temp back to normal nice and slow and give them a day or two to see how they fared.

Agreed, go slowly.

Back
Top Bottom