Tank bred mandarin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fird

Aquarium Advice Activist
Where can I get me one of these guys without having to go through the lfs?

Thats it!!!! Although $100 is alot I'm willing to pay it. Thanks!!!

Getting a tank bred mandarin does not guarantee that it will eat prepared foods. I just bought an ORA blue one and have spent the last month or so trying to get it off of pods and eating prepared frozen food. Luckily I have a refugium and a healthy pod population or else she wouldn't have made it I'm sure.

Getting a tank bred mandarin does not guarantee that it will eat prepared foods. I just bought an ORA blue one and have spent the last month or so trying to get it off of pods and eating prepared frozen food. Luckily I have a refugium and a healthy pod population or else she wouldn't have made it I'm sure.
+1. Not about having one. About them reverting back to pods. If the ORAs really were fully on prepared foods, then they would be the most popular fish ever.

Yeah, kinda, considering how many of them die each year I guess it is a popular fish. Sad. so beautiful but so hard to raise. I watch my mandy every day and am so glad I had some luck with her.

You must be. Thats' pretty lucky. For the "lucky" ones there are probably 20 or more who have tried unsuccessfully to keep one. We don't hear their stories on here often, as I would imagine no one wants to broadcast when one dies. :-(

I think occelaris clowns are the most popular fish, just going by the amount my LFS gets per shipment.

Back
Top Bottom