Tank lid options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if anything the egg crate seems to spread the light IMO
img_2979247_0_228702a9abbdca1ff7727c60d23bcfb2.jpg

img_2979247_1_4662c95543d5709c64043ee8225c1fb9.jpg

img_2979247_2_a263e081e773d526f08b5d3d5aedf1ec.jpg

this is my 90g with 1 tao unit
almost full coverage

FYI BRS sells a clear plastic mesh and window screen frame. Almost no light reduction and no carpet surfing.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I love shopping there! My 4 stage RO/DI unit Plus is pimp! Can you post a link to this item?

Thanks for all the help folks. I'm finding this tank to be quite the challenge.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would only buy the screen from BRS Home depot has the roller & the frame a lot cheaper then BRS. Not sure about the rubber gasket stuff that goes inside the frame if it is cheaper at Home Depot or BRS. I did not price that one there.

Every one realizes that the fish will still jump through egg crate if it's small enough right?
Yeah, but they would have to have really really good aim. The holes on the eggcrate aren't that big.

You can make a nice tank top with black deer netting and parts to make a screen for a window. It fits in there nicely and gives you a good coverage.

FYI BRS sells a clear plastic mesh and window screen frame. Almost no light reduction and no carpet surfing.

This is what I use. Much less light loss than anything else and cheap. It also allows the tank to breath, a very important consideration.

I'm just using my old glass top at the moment. There aren't many lid options out there to my dismay.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom