tank mates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Travis55

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all, I started with a pair of true perc clowns. A girl I know is needeing to get rid of her fish. I got a humuhumu and two blue yellow tail damsels. They all get a long great! My question is, she has another pair of per clowns that grew up with the humu and damsels. Would I be ok to add that set with my current set?

my guess is that it would depend a lot on how large your tank is. If it is a big tank, and there are plenty places for the new clowns to keep to themselves, there is a good chance they would be fine. I have a few friends with large tanks that have kept different clowns very successfully because they keep to themselves on opposite sides of the tank.

I had 2 sets of oscellaris, b&w and orange in my 125g. They were fine for a few months then one day outta nowhere they decided it was game time. The poor b&w's got beaten up so bad I had to remove the orange ones. And this was in a 6 foot long tank. So be warned.....it usually doesnt work out

carey said:
I had 2 sets of oscellaris, b&w and orange in my 125g. They were fine for a few months then one day outta nowhere they decided it was game time. The poor b&w's got beaten up so bad I had to remove the orange ones. And this was in a 6 foot long tank. So be warned.....it usually doesnt work out

I almost never works unless all the fish are added at once and even that is no guarantee. Putting multiple varieties of oscellaris, especially into a small tank where there is no place to run, is cruel. This is one where your desires should be tempered with the needs of the fish's. JMO.

Back
Top Bottom