Tank observations for 9/27/04

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diverdown69

Aquarium Advice Activist
I did a few water chem analyses tonight and jotted down a few notes. I was hoping you guys could make sense of it all.
First of all, I did a gravel siphon and subseqent water replacement. Initial pH, NO3, and Kjedahl nitrogen levels were in spec AFAICT and are posted in another thread. Full spectro analyses are forthcoming and are expected to be acceptable.
Temperature was about 79F. No manifestation of ICH noted. The Tx warty anemone looked good with all tentacles extended.
I noted some small Cyano colonies on the LR as well as some white/grey bacterial colonies on the backside of the LR. There is also what appears to be a relatively large Bryozoan colony on the backside of the rock along with what may be a small (very small) hair algae colony. Now for the fun part...
I really could use a pic or two of a "baby" Aiptiasia. There is a very small anemone on this rock that has the same coloration (I hope) as my warty anemone, but the tentacles are much fewer in number and not as densely spaced. I hate to say it, but even as small as this one is, I think it is a very small Aiptasia...as in less than a quarter of an inch in total diameter. I also realize that if it is what I think it is, I will have more show up in the near future. I would rather get rid of the problem now than deal with a tank full of them later. I hope this is another warty anemone colonizing. I saw what I thought to be a budding polyp a few days ago, but I can't believe that it actually settled and colonized this quickly.
Should I let this little fella grow a bit or nuke it now?
EDIT: I forgot to mention that I took one of the spotfins (the largest of the three) out of the tank and put it in a smaller (hexagon 1.5-gal) tank for the kids.

Back
Top Bottom