Tank opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steo the great

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi I'm currently in the middle of setting up a new reef tank. Below is my current setup.

What do you guys think of the rock scaping should I change it for my new tank or whats your opinions.
Thanks in advance ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388992367.093936.jpg

The rockscape is up to you. Personally I've never been a fan of the "wall" look. I prefer having islands or a more minimalist look in the DT. I make up for adding a lot of rock in the sump to help with filtration.

Had a look through there some of them are brilliant other not so good. Just doesn't seem like there is a lot of hiding room for the fish in these island themes.

Yup that's true. Not all fish need a lot of hiding space though. Just depends on what you want and your bioload.

Yup. It all comes down to personal preference. I just like having less rock in my DT, and more in my sump. The "rock walls" really bug me for some reason. I had a few in the past, but now I just like having "space" in the DT.

My opinion doesn't matter. Just depends on how you like it ;)

I think it helps to just take a look at as many scapes as you can and figure out which one you like the most and go from there.

Back
Top Bottom