tank sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not positive if it is ok or not. But it seems REALLY expensive. $9.99 for 5lbs. I think my Caribsea aragonite was like $30 for 30lbs. Living in New York you may be able to find Southdown or New Castle playsand at Home Depot, its great for SW aquariums and a 50lb bag is like $12 or so.

well, i did some more hunting around. None of the HD around me carry the new castle sand. So i broke down and decided to buy the aragonite sand from PetSmart. Not what I wanted to do, but there was no other choice.

Jim

Unfortunately, it is hard to come by playsand at this time of the year...I guess most people aren't playing in their sandboxes in right now. :)

well, i did some more hunting around. None of the HD around me carry the new castle sand. So i broke down and decided to buy the aragonite sand from PetSmart. Not what I wanted to do, but there was no other choice

DOH!!! I have two bags sitting in my basement doing nothing but waiting for me to finish my tank stand.. I'd have happily offered them to ya given our proximity! I found them at the HD on Ridge Rd. Last Summer. I'll bet you'll find more there next spring. It's very seasonal.

Back
Top Bottom